This project is read-only.

Continuos Integration/Build Server

Dec 2, 2007 at 3:29 AM
One of the advantages of using the VS Unit Testing framework is that we can prevent checking in code with failing unit tests. I think that we could mitigate this factor by having a CI build running somewhere to notify us of code that is checked in and breaking tests.

I noticed that camalot is working on ccnetconfig, so we may have some expertise there already. I was wondering if someone had the resources to provide for the actual server.

Once I have an internet connection at home, only jut moved in, I should be able to set something up. I have a windows home server machine running and would find it an interesting challenge to see if I could get a CC.Net installation running on it. I need to check up on the capabilities of my new ISPs supplied router before I promise anything.
Dec 3, 2007 at 1:12 PM
i have cc.net running already. I dont have one set up specifically for doppler, which i did want to do. If you would like to set it up and run it on your server, please do. The current code requires itunes to be installed to do the builds and I really dont want to install itunes. Not because i don't like itunes (which i dont) but because my build server is mainly used for only that and some other simple tasks. If you do want to set up CCNet and need any help just let me know.
Dec 3, 2007 at 3:06 PM
I would suggest that we not bother with CI for Doppler 3 but focus that effort on Doppler 4. Doppler 3 doesn't have any tests anyway.

I do like the idea of CI (hopefully someday Codeplex will offer this for us).
Dec 4, 2007 at 9:10 AM
Excellent. I will download the things that I need and see if I can at least get it to install on the server.

I won't be able to do any real testing on this until the weekend, I should have internet access by Thursday night.
Dec 4, 2007 at 3:02 PM
i agree that leaving doppler 3 out of the CI is good. I can provide plugins for CCNET that can automate publishing releases up to codeplex.