This project is read-only.

Syndicated Client Experience Starter Kit

Jan 26, 2008 at 11:43 AM
I wonder if we should look into leveraging the Syndicated Client Experience Starter Kit.
Yep, with that name it must be a MS product.

It uses WPF and has a splash screen implementation which might me nice once the code base starts
getting big and the application load time is significant.

http://windowsclient.net/wpf/starter-kits/sce.aspx

What do people think?
Jan 28, 2008 at 9:32 AM
I have not got too far into looking at this, but it does look interesting.

One of the things that worries me though is that it uses the subscription centre for all of its feed management. One of the things that I want to be able to do with Doppler v4 is install it on my Windows Home Server and have people in my house able to manage their own subscriptions, have their own folders etc etc.

As they are never going to be able to log into the Home Server console, the subscription centre model might not work for this scenario.

This is just my personal requirement though, so if the majority of people do not require this, and the SCE kit provides a good enough base for Doppler v4, then it might be the way to go.

I will continue looking at it this week to see if I can uncover more about it. If nothing else it will be a great guideline for things that we should be considering.
Jan 28, 2008 at 11:55 AM
Yep. I don't know that we can use all the code but it's definitely good to keep in mind as a reference.