This project is read-only.

Want to join?

Oct 8, 2007 at 10:38 PM
Reply to this post if you want to join the development team. We need your input!
Oct 8, 2007 at 11:49 PM
i am interested in helping out with development. I have been using doppler for over a year now. i was glad to see that it went open source as I have had issues with it crashing on me from time to time.
Oct 10, 2007 at 6:26 PM
I would also like to help with development. I had contacted you quite a while ago offering to help out and you had responded with some stuff to read up on (updates on form from another thread). I have been using Doppler for long time, since 1.0 (or maybe before) and the current one crashes nearly everytime I do a retrieve. I can keep the dialog up and it keeps processing.

Glad to see it open sourced!
Oct 12, 2007 at 6:19 PM
Hey - I'd love to help out too.

Ron
Oct 23, 2007 at 6:23 AM
I'd be happy to help out on this project. I've been using Doppler for quite awhile as well and would love to see it continue as a great podcatching tool.
Oct 27, 2007 at 6:04 AM
Glad to see your interested HolisticDeveloper, I haven't seen any activity from dopplerradio on the discussion here in a little while. I'm sure he will contact you when he is able and set you up...
Oct 30, 2007 at 11:37 PM
I'd be happy to help out. I've been a Podcast listener for several years now. I'm still searching for that perfect podcatching software. I would be more than happy to help build that perfect client.
Oct 31, 2007 at 2:38 AM
are you this dave bost? if so i attended the LINQ, WCF and Silverlight MSDN event a couple months back, you were at along with Benko... just curious :)
Nov 6, 2007 at 5:40 AM
Hi, I'm interested in assisting in some way..

Been years since I've done any real coding.. What pre-requisites are there to compile from source..

TIA

Dave
Nov 7, 2007 at 1:54 AM
Sounds good. If I can (1) keep Doppler from randomly crashing and (2) keep it from re-downloading podcasts all the time, I'll be happy. ;)
Nov 28, 2007 at 11:09 AM
Hello,

I'd like to help out. Still looking for somthing that fullfills my needs for podcatching.

Aiden
Nov 29, 2007 at 8:53 PM
I have contacted the project coordinator and hopefully all that are interested in helping will soon be able to do so.
Nov 30, 2007 at 9:21 AM
Hi all!

I've added all of you to the contributor list as of now. Thanks for joining!

/Erwin
Dec 18, 2007 at 6:00 PM
Hi,

I would like to contribute to Doppler.
I've started geting into podcasting recently and found out that the 2 most popular clients are Doppler and Juice.
The 3.0 CTP looks like it's a signifficant step forward, especially when compared to Juice. However I think neither is where a decent podcatcher should be.
Juice is really very very basic when it comes to UI and Doppler is already much better with UI but and it crashes a lot, has problems with feeds, etc.
For me Doppler already looks like a lot better choice than Juice (at least at the moment ;-)
It seems to be more what I'm looking for in podcatcher than Juice is.

I'm a .NET developer with some little experience (C#/WInForms and VB.NET/ASP.NET) and I would like to contribute some code/bugfixes to Doppler.

Cheers,
P
Dec 27, 2007 at 11:55 PM
Edited Dec 28, 2007 at 7:33 PM

dopplerradio wrote:
Reply to this post if you want to join the development team. We need your input!

I would like to help. I am particularly interested in helping with the iTunes/iPod interface, if such tasks are planned.
Jan 1, 2008 at 11:26 PM
I would like to help contribute to Doppler. I really like the ability to edit the tags on download. I have a Zune player and would like something more configurable. I have an enhancement option which would be to set the modified time of the file to match the published date of the feeditem. It seems that the Zune software uses this date to order the items.

I've looked at the source and it seems like adding this feature would be straightforward.
Jan 24, 2008 at 1:30 PM
I'm a .NET developer. C# ASP.NET... Please add me to the list.
Thanks.
Jan 26, 2008 at 3:10 AM
Hi Jonathan,

DopplerRadio, the project coordinator is currently extremely busy with his day job. Next time I see him on online I will nudge him towards this thread and try and get you added to the developer list.
Jan 26, 2008 at 7:41 AM
Thanks Aiden.
Jan 31, 2008 at 10:27 PM
I was developing exactly the same aplication. Let's join efforts. Count me in!
Jan 31, 2008 at 11:52 PM
Hello, I have not tried Juice but my development partner plays him on TV! Har har har...

I love the Doppler application and wish it didn't crash so much. I've just signed up for a Codeplex account, fresh out of college with a Computer Science degree in mostly c++ and java, and I'm a professional Java Software Tester at the moment, so this application is completely in left field when it comes to libraries I have seen or used before. I'm interested to check out .NET and would be a super benefit to be functioning bilingual, that's what they say at least.

Anyway I'm interested to join the development effort and lets compare notes! I know how to file a bug report and sure we can help each other.
kingdon@tuesdaystudios.com
Feb 14, 2008 at 5:25 AM
Edited Feb 14, 2008 at 5:48 AM
I'd like to join in -- sounds like a fun project.

Regards, Chad
Feb 14, 2008 at 10:46 AM
Hi Guys,

I've sent the coordinator a message and so we should get you added soon.

In the mean time feel free to have a look at the code/documentation and post any bugs you find.

Cheers,

Jonathan.
Feb 22, 2008 at 12:11 PM
Hello everyone,

All those who have applied to join, should now be listed as developers.

Aiden
Mar 6, 2008 at 4:44 PM
I am interested in joining the project.
Mar 30, 2008 at 10:01 AM
I would be interested in contributing to this project.

hansw
Apr 19, 2008 at 6:54 PM
Hi,
I'd like to join as a dev.

Cheers,
Jason.
Apr 29, 2008 at 8:36 PM
Hello - I would also like to contribute. Thanks!
May 4, 2008 at 2:34 AM
Edited May 4, 2008 at 2:35 AM
dopplerradio wrote:
I don't have the tools or talent to code, but I am interested in helping by beta-testing and possibly writing documentation. Last year, I wrote some documentation for Doppler 3 on the Wiki at Erwin's site, but it seems to have disappeared.
Jul 22, 2008 at 2:49 PM
Hi Guys,

I see a lot of people are already contributing to this project, but if you need another pair of dev hands, you can count me in. I'm a .net developer with few years of professional experience, familiar with both, WPF and WCF. I've already seen your Architecture Document, and found the goals to be interesting. I'm willing to help, however I won't be able to spend more then couple of hours weekly on this project. If you're ok with that, sign me in.