This project is read-only.

Sample User Stories

Dec 18, 2007 at 10:08 PM
I have checked in a document today called "Doppler User Stories.docx". This is intended to give an example of what I would expect from a set of User Stories. I am not claiming to know what I am doing here, this is just what I would want to start working with.

The user stories have: -
  • A title, for easy reference,
  • A priority, for choosing what goes into an iteration, a list of the personalities it is associated with, to aid in setting priorities (personalities take from the Doppler User.docx file)
  • The actual story itself, containing the feature description and the benefit of having the feature
  • An acceptance statement, this will be true when we are done done done.

The final story in the document is an example of one which I feel needs breaking down into a number of stories.

Each story listed should be broken into tasks that are required to complete the story. These tasks should, ideally, be achievable in a few hours, maybe a day.
Not sure how this will work an OS project, with everyone's time being best endeavors.

Anyway, let me know what you think.
Dec 25, 2007 at 11:34 AM

AidenMontgomery wrote:
I have checked in a document today called "Doppler User Stories.docx". This is intended to give an example of what I would expect from a set of User Stories. I am not claiming to know what I am doing here, this is just what I would want to start working with.

The user stories have: -
  • A title, for easy reference,
  • A priority, for choosing what goes into an iteration, a list of the personalities it is associated with, to aid in setting priorities (personalities take from the Doppler User.docx file)
  • The actual story itself, containing the feature description and the benefit of having the feature
  • An acceptance statement, this will be true when we are done done done.

The final story in the document is an example of one which I feel needs breaking down into a number of stories.

Each story listed should be broken into tasks that are required to complete the story. These tasks should, ideally, be achievable in a few hours, maybe a day.
Not sure how this will work an OS project, with everyone's time being best endeavors.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

It's a good start! I added a few more, and will add on during the coming days and also prioritize things.