This project is read-only.

iTunes support

Dec 23, 2007 at 3:19 PM
I have recently become a Doppler user, and I am very impressed. The program works great! However, I am having pure H*** getting my downloaded podcasts to sync with my iPod. Are there any plans to add iTunes support to Doppler? I would be interested in taking that portion on as a developer, if that would be helpful.
Dec 27, 2007 at 11:30 AM
Hello,
I have received an iPod as one of my presents this year, so I will be trying to sync Doppler downloads with it soon. What sort of things are you having problems with? So that I know what to look out for.

If you want to join the project place a post in http://www.codeplex.com/doppler/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=16156, which is the joining thread.
Dec 27, 2007 at 11:53 PM

AidenMontgomery wrote:
Hello,
I have received an iPod as one of my presents this year, so I will be trying to sync Doppler downloads with it soon. What sort of things are you having problems with? So that I know what to look out for.

If you want to join the project place a post in http://www.codeplex.com/doppler/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=16156, which is the joining thread.

The downloading portion works great. The problem is getting iTunes to recognize it as a podcast. But I haven't been able to get the downloaded MP3 into iTunes automatically. The best I've been able to do is manually add the files. And, unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a way to add MP3s to the "Podcast" folder in iTunes, except to use iTunes as the subscription client. If I add the files manually, the best that happens is that the files end up in their own playlist. The problem with that is they no longer act like podcasts (i.e. the iPod will not track which files have been listened to, delete files according to your settings, and other things that differentiate a podcast from any other media file).

I hacked around some with the XML file that iTunes creates, but it didn't have any effect. I know there are some scripting capabilities in iTunes, but most of the code available is for Mac, and I am a Windows user. If anyone else has attempted resolving these problems, I would be interested in helping.