This project is read-only.

filename options?

Feb 6, 2008 at 7:04 PM
I just started using doppler and I was wondering if you would consider some file naming options. Basically the crappy built in stereo in my car plays MP3s but it only displays the filenames so things like npr3453934.mp3, npr13439053.mp3 etc are not that useful for finding something.

I haven't looked at the source code yet but if I have the time would you be opposed to a patch that offered the option for doppler to save the MP3s using the title of the entry in the feed?
Feb 7, 2008 at 10:27 AM
Hello,

First of all, thanks for trying out Doppler and for giving feedback :)

I am not sure what version it was added in, so maybe it is a recent build of source code, but I am able to set the file name to be that of the post title.
If you right click on a feed in the main window and select properties, you are presented with a dialog box with a number of tabs on it.
Choose the end tab "Advanced" on here I can see two check boxes at the top of the screen. The second check box has the following wording "Use the title of the post for the filename" <- Is this what you are looking for? I have it setup on a number of feeds and it appears to work.

I am using version 2.9.7.3 not sure what build of this though.
Feb 8, 2008 at 1:10 PM
Edited Feb 8, 2008 at 1:42 PM
Edit: My bad. This has already been implemented as Aiden pointed out. However maybe it should be a default setting. What do people think?
I think greggman might be talking about getting doppler to do this automatically via a setting.
I think this is a great idea though long titles may need to be truncated.
I'll look into adding this as a setting.
I've still got no VS2008 at home though (running beta2) so it's probably not a good idea for me to check it in.